Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Assignment 14 Update : 4 Emotion / Gear Change

I learned a lot in this assignment. Technically, I got used to animating using the "bookend" technique, which places two of the same keyframes spaced about 12 frames apart. The action is placed in between in order to control the animation process.

I also learned the value of planning and simplicity. The ability to be able to break down the animation to its key components, enough to be able to count what you are wanting to animate on your hand, greatly simplifies the process and makes things clearer. Why do I need to write this? Because ambition gets the best of us. We want to do well, and therefore, doing more than what's expected, even though the intention is good, we lose sight of what we are trying to do.

Here's the latest. I think it plays a little fast, and I'd like to slow down the peak-through at the end.

No comments: