Friday, August 3, 2007

Drink Box Animation Notes:

I'm thinking about posting my animation on youtube so that I can post the examples on this blog. Animating the drink box was tough, primarily because my ideas seemed too complex. I realized that after realizing that it takes about 3 hours to properly animate the drink box fearfully jumping around. I found the assignment easier to tackle once I started simplifying.

Common mistakes students had with this assignment:

:: Keeping actions of the character intentional.
:: Being aware of the character's senses. He may see or hear something that might lead to an action.
:: Set up emotion from the very beginning of the scene.
:: Exaggerate the contrast of the emotions so that the ideas are clear.
:: Have strong posing to avoid "floaty" or "swimmy" movement.
:: Reverse pose C curves in animation add to contrast.
:: Remember contrast in timing. Add pauses to break up the timing of the animation, this gives the illusion the character is thinking, it also gives us the viewer a chance to understand what's happening.
:: Drag = approximately 6 frames.

Notes for my drink box animation.
:: People understood the march. This was tough. I made it so that it was clear that the movement was intentional and controlled as a soldier would move.
:: Have the box look slow to notice what's happening.
:: Hop to have body follow.
:: Have him look around.
:: Pepper the box with bullets and impact.

No comments: